Add info to embed-shell when preview=true
We are adding cache busting for embeds in #2819. We want users to be able to get recent updates to projects, but not to encourage the use of the URLs we'll produce to enable that--they break our CDN/cache by design.
It would be nice to add a simple string to the embed-shell doc dynamically when ?preview=true (we have this code path going into #2819, so it will exist soon). It should try to convey:
- This is a preview URL and not the URL you should use when sharing
- The real URL to use for sharing is available at
- The real URL might take some time to update, but will update eventually when CDN updates.
The last bit is somewhat technical for non-techie users, so has to be done carefully so we don't overwhelm them with details.
Comments and changes to this ticket
- State changed from assigned to peer-review-requested
- Assigned user changed from Kate Hudson to Jon Buckley
- Milestone order changed from 7 to 0
I did it a little differently, but UI is in with an animation to draw attention to it:
- State changed from peer-review-requested to review-needs-work
I think you're missing a font for this, looks like plain Times to me. I don't love the colour, but I'm not the UI person here. Maybe get some other opinions.
Let's not use classList, since it needs to be shimmed in some browsers.
PR+ with those fixes.
- State changed from review-looks-good to staged
Create your profile
Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »
Popcorn Maker: Software package encompassing several sub-projects in order to deliver an entire popcorn experience.
Butter: Foundation for Popcorn-powered apps (including Popcorn Maker). Track data management, UI construction, other good stuff.
Cornfield: Server infrastructure to store and share popcorn-and-butter-based user data.
And other projects to allow maximal popcorn usability.